Discussion in 'GameDay 2012' started by Matchup, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Matchup

Matchup Administrator

Pittsburgh
    (8 - 8)

@

Denver
    (13 - 4)

PIT

Pick Distribution
    [ ]

48.3% (943 picks)

Week 1
    Sun, September 9th
    8:20pm EST
    DEN

Pick Distribution
    [ ]

51.7% (1009 picks)

This is the official thread for Denver at Pittsburgh Week 1.

Discuss and post your predictions here!

2. lancesullivan1972

lancesullivan1972 New Member

Peyton Manning is back!!!! Good luck Pittsburg, your going to need it.
  3. TVictory

TVictory Site Developer Staff Member

Favorite Team:
    Green Bay
    Nothing wrong with a little Peyton Manning.
  4. robjackson81

robjackson81 Administrator

I'm a Ravens fan and I couldn't be more excited to see this game. Obviously, I have a natural disdain for the Pittsburgh Steelers, yet an underlying respect for what they've accomplished over the past decade. But Peyton Manning is on a completely different level. Watching Ray Lewis barking orders to the defense while Peyton Manning commandeers the offense is a legendary sight that all football fans have to appreciate. Unfortunately, Manning usually got the best of us over his career in Indiannapolis.

So Peyton comes back in a new uniform, playing at home against the Steelers. In the past year his brother has surpassed him in Super Bowl rings and his lifelong team decided not to resign a future Hall-Of-Famer and arguably the best QB in NFL history. Meanwhile, Andrew Luck is the new general of the Colts and many are viewing him as the next Peyton Manning.

For the first time in quite awhile, it seems like Peyton Manning has something to prove. He usually rises to the occasion and I think that's exactly what will happen in this game.

It'll be close at halftime but the Broncos will pull away, largely due to the sheer willpower and focus of Peyton Manning.

31-17, Broncos.
  5. NightAngel

NightAngel Member

Favorite Team:
    Bengals
    "Even God hats the Steelers" - Jesus Christ

Traditionally Manning has always struggled against the Steelers but I to have a inherent dislike for the steelers...

Go Broncos!
  6. jedimasterasd

jedimasterasd New Member

Yeah, I got Denver in this one as well. I think they have a good enough defense to hold the Steelers to few points and Manning will be Manning and get it done on offense.
  7. Super Steelers

Super Steelers New Member

Peyton hasn't adjusted to mile high fumes yet. Steelers by 7
  8. MenaceII Sobriety

MenaceII Sobriety New Member

The Steelers for some reason as of late seem to struggle playing at Denver. Maybe its free safety Ryan Clark's sickle cell anemia and his inability to play in high altitude that affects their defense enough to bring the whole team down. Who knows? Regardless the Donkeys will invariably "play up" for their new captain, Mr. MadisonAve. himself, Peyton Manning. The Steelers offense has looked pitiful under new Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley. Taking a solid team which plays a certain brand of football and then expecting it to run a sham of an offense like Haley's is nearly an unconcinable football offense. The players don't want it, Big ben doesn't want it, and the Kansas City Chiefs front office sure didn't want it when they gave Haley a link to "Monster.com" last year as an early Chrismas gift.
    I worry for the Men of Steel not only in this game, but down the road, like by week 3 when I forsee a near complete team mutiny over this mascott costume of an offense they're being forced to work inside of.
    Prediction: Donkeys 24, Salvage-ers 6
    robjackson81 likes this.
  9. NightAngel

NightAngel Member

Favorite Team:
    Bengals
    ^ like that score :)

Lets go BRONCOS!!!!!
  10. robjackson81

robjackson81 Administrator

What a great game. Went pretty much as I thought it might, but boy was that fun to watch! I'm rooting for the Broncos to do well this year.
  11. dan the man

dan the man New Member

pittsburgh wins

Make Your Prediction!