Contest: Most Facebook Friends Playing Pickem Wins (5 Winners)!

Discussion in 'Site Updates & Announcements' started by robjackson81, Sep 5, 2012.

1. robjackson81

robjackson81 Administrator

Dallas and New York kick off the football season in only a few hours and we're kicking off a Week 1 contest that throws $500 more dollars in the pot. How do you win? It's simple! Just challenge your Facebook Friends to play Football Pickem so you can compare your ranks/records on our new Friend Rank Leaderboard.

Here are the nitty gritty details:
    • Sign up for FootballBeast.com using Facebook or connect your existing account.
    • Convince all your Facebook friends to play Football Pickem on FootballBeast.com
    • Check our new Friend Rank page to see which of your friends are playing - (you must visit the page to update your contest score)
    • Each of your Facebook Friends playing counts as one point. Top 5 people with the most points on Sunday, September 9th at 1PM Eastern win $100 each payable by PayPal. Winners will be announced on this thread on that same day.
    • Winners must be 18 years old or older, live in the United States, and have a working PayPal account to receive the funds.
    • FootballBeast.com staff reserver the right to disqualify contestants for any reason including but not limited to fraudulent entries or creating fake accounts to boost points. FootballBeast.com also reserves the right to alter the rules of this contest based on their own discretion.
    You have until SUNDAY MORNING but I'd suggest STARTING NOW! Football Pickem has WEEKLY winners so if you miss the first game or even the first week, you still have a great chance to win if your pickem skills are up to snuff.

Good luck and feel free to keep us updated with your progress in the comments below!
  2. flyers2114

flyers2114 Member

Damn i would, but i do not FB, I have been encouraging others to join anyways, and will continue that...thx for the great site!
    NYG-Nation and wendyhutton11 like this.
  3. robjackson81

robjackson81 Administrator

Maybe that's an excuse to sign up? ;) Explain the whole reason you signed up is to win the contest and you might have an upper hand for NOT already having a Facebook account!
  4. TVictory

TVictory Site Developer Staff Member

Favorite Team:
    Green Bay
    Unofficially: The current user with the most fb friends has 8 friends. You can use the invite friends button on the sidebar of the homepage to invite your friends.

Click on the "Invite and Challenge Your Friends" button.
  5. Bryan Findlay

Bryan Findlay New Member

sent it to all my football friends
    TVictory likes this.
  6. TVictory

Favorite Team:
    Green Bay
    Sweeeeeet! Thanks much!
  7. flyers2114

flyers2114 Member

Just for you guys....opened it back up and invited all! Plus i sent to all my twitter and G+ peeps...should get some to join for sure...
  8. TVictory

Favorite Team:
    Green Bay
    w00t!!! That is really cool of you, hope others follow suite. The number of fb likes seems to be growing and growing for the site so i think its just a matter of getting the word out. Thanks for helping us do that!
  9. flyers2114

flyers2114 Member

Very welcome. I love the site, but my picks have been atrocious so far! lol